Disclaimer: I have not personally tried GoMacro bars. I do not endorse any product without trying it first. However, I’m sure they’re good. 😉
Read on for Lindsay’s review!
By now we all know there are sugary, processed, granola bars masquerading as “healthy” on-the-go snacks and that now it’s time to find the bars that actually provide some sort of nutritional value. A few months ago I wrote a review on the GoMacro Bar at YourFitTrip.com and have been eating GoMacro bars ever since. I wanted to provide an update from the first review. You can see the first post here.
- Unsweetened coconut – some people might just stop right here. Coconut. Done.
- Almond butter
- The family granola recipe (rolled oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, cinnamon, ginger, unsweetened apple sauce, walnut oil, rice and maple syrup)
- Reread that granola recipe, so good
- Even with the dates, raisins, coconut and granola mix it is still not too sweet. I can’t handle unbearably sweet things. I want to taste the granola, the oats, the raisins without feeling like I’m eating Lucky Charms (no offense to leprechaun), but…
- …It does have 11g of sugar which compared to some things could be a lot for one serving, so just make sure you don’t go crazy on the sugar elsewhere in your day
- The bar comes in a mini version at 100 calories!
- The real bar has 220 calories which means it is a hearty and filling snack but you can also eat half and save half for later
- It tastes like an oatmeal raisin cookie with a coconut twist
- It has great oat-y texture, no cardboard boxes here which is a pretty good achievement